mercredi 27 mai 2009

cv7 cityscapes


L'arrivée de l'eau à Marseille au XIX°. Le taureau élément d'une fontaine monumentale évoque la Camargue
The arrival of water in Marseille during the XIX° century. The bull, element of the fountain, reminds the Camargue.


Marseille depuis l'Estaque, Notre-Dame de la Garde toujours au loin.

J'aime cette ville, la lumière d'une fin de journée, la mer...
I love this city, the light of an end-of-day, the sea.

Autres corner view  chez  Jane, Ladybug-zen, ian, bonnie, esti, sophie,
click the links in the sidebar - soon - thanks!

19 commentaires:

Kristina * a dit…

the light on that second photo is so beautiful! i've never been to marseille but i bet it must be lovely to live in the south, by the sea...

p.s.: i will be in arles this summer for the rencontres de la photographie - can't wait! i'm hoping the light might be similar there.

state of bliss a dit…

I'd love to spend some time in France, travelling and visiting new places. I would put Marseille on my list for sure.

Thank you for sharing.
Have a nice day, Kasia x

jane a dit…

great views! i especially like the first one. thanks for sharing!

Joyce a dit…

Oh my lucky stars... very beautiful! Have a golden day! xoxo

Francesca a dit…

I'd love to visit the port area in your city. Some places do have a special quality of light, don't they?

l i s e a dit…

Moi aussi j'aime la lumière de cette ville.
La première photo me rappelle bien des souvenirs, j'habitais à deux pas du Palais Longchamp...
merci pour ces images

caitlin a dit…

Ooh I love the first Black and White shot. Very very cool. Thanks for such a birds eye view of everything.

B a dit…

I really like the first photo. France is a country that I need to explore, as I don't know it very well, but of course I know it's beautiful!

Kari a dit…

I like the close up of the bull. The second picture looks great too and the smell of sea would be just fine for me.

Dana a dit…

Pretty sure I would love this city, too. I wish I could be living in France instead of Italy. REally.

nicola @ which name? a dit…

oh, i love that black and white!
nicola
http://whichname.blogspot.com

janis a dit…

Such light... beautiful. Wish I was there today :)

A Captured Reflection a dit…

Fabulous photos and reminded me of a 2 week stay I had in Marseille in 1995...the Old Port, Notre Dame De La Garde, walking up steep hills, beautiful views...

aimee a dit…

j'aime la deuxième image, et j'aimerais bien visiter à marseille :)

Cate a dit…

mmmm, i have friends who are travelling through marseille right now, and suddenly i'm even MORE jealous than i already was! so lovely.

MODsquad a dit…

Love these photos! I never think of the water when I think of France. Perfect photos!

Happy Day!

april a dit…

wonderful photos. you live in marseille? that's great. i heard that it's a very nice city. with very much life in it* wish you a good day*

epe a dit…

great pictures, the first one is my favourite!

travelingmama a dit…

I absolutely love Marseille. My husband and I have been there several times and fell in love there. Thanks for the sweet reminder of those days!
Best wishes from Morocco,
Tina
www.travelingmama.net